Positive Discipline in the Classroom Workshop
|Facilitated by:||Julie Iraninejad, M.Ed., Certified Positive Discipline Trainer|
|Start Date:||Saturday, September 7, 2019|
|End Date:||Sunday, September 8, 2019|
|Schedule:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Location:||High Tech Elementary Explorer|
|Address:||2230 Truxtun Rd. #1, San Diego, CA, 92016|
|Early Discount:||$375 (if received and paid by 8/7/2019)|
|Group Discount:||3 or more registering together, take $40 off each registration fee.|
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Registration includes the book, “Positive Discipline in the Classroom” by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D, Lynn Lott, M.A., M.F.T., Stephen Glenn, Ph.D., “The Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Teacher’s Guide” with activities for students, “The Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Leader’s Guide” with additional resources and activities, plus additional handouts.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be certified as Positive Discipline Classroom Educators.